How long does therapy last?

Each session is 50 minutes long.  In some cases, we can offer longer sessions.  Typically, counseling sessions occur once a week or every other week depending on situation and need. 

Those clients who are satisfied with their progress can choose to attend session once a month or pop in as needed for “maintenance” therapy. 

Length of treatment is greatly dependent on clients’ level of activity, situation, and willingness to make changes. 

What is the cost of therapy? 

Our rate is $80 to $100 for a 50-minute session.  Rate is dependent on the therapist you choose.  Rates are the same regardless of the number of people attending session. 

Missed sessions or cancellations given in less than 24 hours are subject to a fee of $50. 

We do not accept insurance and do not belong to any insurance panels.  However, some insurance companies will pay for out of network services provided that a mental health diagnosis is given to you.  You may want to call your insurance company for more information before setting an appointment. 

What are your hours and location?

We are open Monday thru Thursday from 10am-7pm.  On Fridays, we open at 10am and close at 5pm. Please ask about our extended hours and availability on weekends. 

We are centrally located in Fort Worth right off I-30.  Our address is 1509B S. University, Suite 212, 76107.  We are on the second floor of the historic Ol’ South Pancake House Restaurant.  Entrance is at the north end of the building. 

Is therapy the same for everyone?

No.  Clients may come into therapy with similar issues but because each person is an individual with a unique background, personality, and set of experiences, counseling will be tailored in a way that fits that client best. 

Do you see children or teens?

Yes.  However, we offer our services to those minors who are age 11 and up.  If the child is age 10, but enrolled in 6th grade, we will make the exception.  If you need a therapist for a child younger than 11, we recommend searching or

If your child no longer resides with both biological parents due to a divorce or change in guardianship, a copy of the legal paperwork (e.g. divorce decree) regarding custody and guardianship information relating to who is able to seek medical/psychological attention will be needed at intake session.  Counseling cannot begin until the proper paperwork has been provided. 

When should I seek counseling?

Are you feeling overwhelmed?

Struggling to feel happy or content? 

Constantly arguing with your partner or family member? 

When issues become problematic to the point that they are affecting the way you live, work, or play, that is when you should consider seeking a professional therapist.  There is no need to beat yourself up about struggling with a difficult issue.   

How do I prepare for my initial (intake) counseling session?

To prepare for your first session, you can print and fill out an intake form from our website.  Fill out the appropriate form – Adult or Child/Adolescent and bring it to your scheduled session.  If you are unable to do so before your appointment, we can provide one for you in the office.  Please arrive 10-15 minutes early so you will have plenty of time to fill out the form. 

During your intake session you will meet with your therapist to discuss personal goals, expectations, and the process of therapy.  Your therapist will gather information that is pertinent to understanding you as a unique individual and your situation.